Hosting and Cloud Services
Whether you are looking for a personal website hosting plan or a business website hosting plan, with over ten years experience CFTS is the perfect solution for you.
Our robust website hosting services will not only help you achieve your overall website goals but will also provide you with the confidence you need in knowing that you're using a reliable and secure website hosting platform.
Do you get this or a similar error message from Yahoo when trying to send emails?
Messages from *.*.*.* temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 184.108.40.206; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3326.html (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
If you or your company sends out bulk emails to your customers frequently then you may have come across a situation where Yahoo may have blocked your emails from reaching its users. Most of the time the problem occurs when a customer reports your email to Yahoo for spam. Once a specific number of people report your email to Yahoo for spam then Yahoo blocks your emails from reaching its users.
The bad news is that Yahoo does not notify you that your emails have been blocked and the only way you can check this is by checking your mail logs by logging into your control panel or you can use the Trace Email option in your cPanel. Just enter the email address of the customer and the system will display the message given out by Yahoo.
- As an end-user follow the instructions on this page 'Yahoo Complaint Feedback Loop' then go to 'Sign up for CFL' follow the instructions and wait for the response from the Yahoo team, please note if you do not have a yahoo address to need to create one for the CFL.
- If you are an ISP or mail hosting provider, fill out this form, this is a tedious process and not at all transparent, so you need to be prepared for a long haul journey.
Some probable courses listed below, but I should stress on probable as Yahoo! does not disclose specific information about their email filtering practices.
- IPs listed in Spamhaus and other spam databases
- Bounce rates
- Complaint rates
- Spam trap hits
- Changes in email volume
- User engagement
- Suspend posting permission of all yahoo.com addresses, to limit damage
- Tell Yahoo users to get a new mail account somewhere else, pronto, if they want to continue using mailing lists
Top e-mail clients as of July 2019
Gmail 27.8% Apple 27.6% Outlook 9.1% Yahoo 6.3% (Yahoo went up 3% due to a recent merger)
No. Transferring your domain only moves your domain hosting and related DNS settings to CFTS. Your site content stays hosted with your website provider if you need your data transferred look at our domain services migration service.
If your domain fails to transfer, you’ll get an email from CFTS. There are a few reasons why this might happen:
- Your domain registration information was entered incorrectly. When confirming the registration details, ensure that all required fields are correct.
- You entered the authorization code incorrectly, or the code expired. For accuracy, we recommend copying the code directly from your provider, then pasting in the authorization field.
- Your domain was activated with your current provider within the last 60 days.
- Your domain has more than nine years left in its registration with your current provider.
- Your original provider denied the transfer. Contact your provider for more details.
In most cases, you can still transfer an expired domain if it's within the expiration grace period, which is usually 30 days after expiration for mainstream TDL Domains.
If your domain is expired or might expire during the transfer, we recommend contacting your current domain provider and asking if it's safe to transfer before you start the process.
Before getting started, ensure your domain is eligible for transfer. If you’re not sure if your domain meets these rules, check with your current registrar.
- The domain’s TLD must be on our supported TLD list.
- We don’t support registry premium domains.
- Sixty days must have elapsed since you registered or transferred the domain with your current provider.
- Your domain must be active with your current provider. If your domain is past due, but not completely expired, ask your provider if it's eligible for transfer before starting the process. (if Domain is near expiry there could be delays and additional costs, e.g. pay both the existing and new provider)
- You’ll need to unlock your domain to transfer it.
Often called “the best of both worlds,” hybrid clouds combine on-premises infrastructure, or private clouds, with public clouds so organizations can reap the advantages of both.
The key point is that this approach moves away from a monolithic either-or policy for public vs. private cloud, but one that relies on adaptability and a best-of-breed approach, which is why it's rapidly becoming the most popular cloud posture.
Hybrid Cloud allows IT decision makers to have more control over both the private and public components than using a prepackaged public cloud platform.
Or, as Brooks said, “you get everything that you want.” This includes increased efficiency and the flexibility to meet disparate needs.
Advantages of hybrid cloud:
- Control - your organization can maintain a private infrastructure for sensitive assets.
- Flexibility - you can take advantage of additional resources in the public cloud when you need them.
- Cost-effectiveness - with the ability to scale to the public cloud, you pay for extra computing power only when needed.
- Ease - transitioning to the cloud doesn’t have to be overwhelming because you can migrate gradually - phasing in workloads over time.
To the cynics, the "private cloud" looks a lot like what we used to simply call an on-premises data centre or server room. The difference is that it's often virtualized software, and automation to organise your infrastructure like the public cloud.
While this offers some of the flexibility found in the public cloud, the big benefit for private cloud is that it gives you more control over security, data privacy, and compliance.
Private clouds are best suited for large organizations that need strict security, latency, and regulatory and data privacy levels. Businesses requiring high-performance access to file systems can also benefit.
Advantages of a private cloud:
- More flexibility your organization can customize its cloud environment to meet specific business needs.
- Improved security resources are not shared with others, so higher levels of control and security are possible.
- High scalability - private clouds still afford the scalability and efficiency of a public cloud.
When most people hear 'Cloud', it's the public cloud that they think of.
While this originally started out as applications hosted over the internet SAS (Software as a Service)today's public cloud often involves applications, infrastructure, or data storage, it's useful to think of these three services separately.
Public Cloud is best suited for data storage and archival, application hosting, latency intolerant or mission-critical web tiers, on-demand hosting for microsite and application, and auto-scaling environment for large applications. Advantages of public cloud:
- Lower costs - no need to purchase hardware or software, and you pay only for the service you use.
- No maintenance - your service provider provides the maintenance.
- Near-unlimited scalability - on-demand resources are available to meet your business needs.
- High reliability - a vast network of servers ensures against failure.
To order dedicated IP address for hosting, just send an email to requesting one or more IP's then we will assign them to your hosting account and send the details by email to you.
The cost of a single IP address is $5/month.
PLEASE NOTE: the billing cycle for your dedicated IP will be automatically adjusted to match the current billing period of your hosting plan.
If you don't renew your domain then web site or email services based on the domain will not work because the domain will no longer be active.
When a gTLD name expires, there is a grace period of 40 days* where the domain can be renewed without additional charges.
After the grace period, an expired domain name may enter Redemption status.
Recovering my domain
Once the domain has lapsed from your account or entered Redemption status, you will need to contact our Sales team as it will need to be manually restored. Please note that once your domain has entered Redemption status, there is an additional fee of £99 +VAT (if applicable) on top of the renewal fee.
We strongly recommend that you renew your domain names in advance of expiry through your control panel. Remember, you can renew most domains for up to 10 years to help ensure you do not incur downtime or additional costs for your domain, site and email.
*Legacy domains may have a different time scale before entering Redemption status.
The Redemption Period is a Registry-imposed hold period for domains that occurs after the registrar has instructed the Registry that the domain should be dropped.
Domains will have reached the Redemption Period state if they have been EXPIRED for at least 40 days and were NOT renewed by the owner or the registrar. Normally domains would be deleted at this point, but the Redemption Period provides the owner with one last chance to recover the domain before it’s dropped and potentially re-registered by a new owner.
The Redemption process is costly, both in fees and in the effort. We strongly recommend that you renew your domains before expiry, or during the grace period when a renewal can be conducted in real time and at no additional cost.
Of course, there is always the option of waiting out the entire grace period, which would be approximately 40 (Post Expiry Grace period) + 30 (Redemption Period) + 5 (Pending Delete period) = 75 days.
Domains with the .uk extension are suspended if they have been EXPIRED for at least 30 days and were NOT renewed by the owner or the registrar. The domain will then be deleted approximately 92 days after the expiry date. Note that .uk domains do not have a redemption period at all and will remain suspended until they are renewed or deleted – redemption fees do not apply.
During the grace period, all associated services will cease working until the name is renewed (if and when this happens). Also, nameserver/DNS changes will not be possible.
Assuming that the domain DNS and hosts are still in place, the domain will begin working within 48 hours of renewal.
The Redemption Period is a costly process, as previously mentioned. There is a charge of £199 plus for this service, on top of the domain renewal fee.
Domains can only be retrieved from redemption period by the original registrar, and not by someone else who just wants to newly register the domain.
*Legacy domains may have a different time scale before entering Redemption status.
In order to complete the registration of any domain we require full, valid contact details:
Company Name (if not a company, insert your own name)
Full Postal Address, including a valid postcode where applicable
Contact Telephone Number, in the correct format i.e. +44.1419316400
Contact Email Address
If any of this information is incomplete or invalid, we will be unable to complete the domain registration. We will endeavour to contact you to obtain valid information to complete the registration of your domain (dependant on there being valid contact information in your account) however we cannot guarantee the domain will still be available once the changes have been made. Please ensure when purchasing your domain that you have given us sufficient information to process your request first time.
For some extensions, there are additional requirements. Due to the volume of different extensions we provide, it would be impractical to provide a full list here, however, we have provided a list of the most common queries below:
.de – must provide a valid address in Germany to be used as the admin contact.
.eu – must provide a valid address within the European Union.
.fr – must provide a valid address within the European Union. Where the legal registrant is an individual we need the date and country of birth (if the country of birth is France, we also need the city). Where the legal registrant is a company, we need the VAT or SIRET/SIREN number.
.it – must provide a valid address within the European Union. Where the legal registrant is a company, we need the VAT number.
.uk - legal registrant names must be a minimum of 4 characters, and at least 3 of them must be letters (a-z A-Z).
Your transfer can take about 1 to 15 days, depending on how quickly your current registrar deals with the authorization request emails and how long the domain contacts take to respond to them, the domain will only be affected during the transfer process itself maybe 5 mins to 1 hour assuming suitable;e preparation had been done.
Please note this is for the domain only not email or website, service migration is an additional service.
Taking advantage of reseller hosting offers incredible benefits to your new or existing brand. As a reseller you’ll:
- Get to act as a hosting company – make money hosting and creating websites
- Easily make profits
- Design your own hosting plans and packages that are tailored to your own business and clients
- Host and bill your customers using your unique brand
- Make independent cPanel control panels for each of your clients
- Save money with its low initial start-up costs with the opportunity to upgrade later
cPanel is a user-friendly control panel which you can logon to and view details about your website setup and manage functionality and services.
You should be able to control most if not all of the functionality through your control panel.
- Change your website password (used for cPanel logon and FTP)
- Change your contact email address (used to advise you about changes or issues)
- Backup your website (download a backup of your entire website including MySQL databases)
- Access the file manager to view and upload files (without an FTP client)
- Access statistics and log files (find out who is visiting your site and which pages they are going to)
- Setup page redirects (redirect to another website address)
- Create and manage MySQL databases (including access to PhpMyAdmin)
- Check your disk space usage
- Check server information and versions of PHP, MySQL, etc.
All functionality on cPanel has supporting user guides and video tutorials to help you here.