CFTS being one of the longer established ICT Companies doing Data Recovery in the East Africa region and having the experience to recover data from most storage media and Files Systems.
CFTS can recover data from nearly all types of media and operating systems, from a wide variety of none physical some physical situations locally, when we can’t we have the option of sending to our partner labs in the UK and the US.
Transfer Data Service: transfer data from one media type to another media type. e.g IDE to SATA, SAS mSATA, SSD.
Password Recovery: we can recover or reset passwords for Windows, Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Access, Acrobat, plus over 200 more documents and data types.
It is critical that your device is correctly packaged so that it does not suffer further damage in transit to us. If you do not have a proper packing box, the following alternatives are adequate.
- For the postage of a single hard drive, place it in an anti-static bag, then wrap it in bubble-wrap or foam at least 8cm thick on all sides. Place that in a sturdy cardboard box, making sure that it fits snugly and cannot shake around inside the box.
- For an external storage device, use the original box in which it was purchased, or follow the above procedures (without the anti-static bag) but use at least a 15cm thick padding of packing foam or bubble-wrap.
- For multiple drives, wrap each drive in at least 3cm of bubble-wrap. Then layer all the drives together in an additional 5cm of bubble-wrap and place in a sturdy box. Make sure the drives fit snugly. Please do not use polystyrene chips or any packaging material that contains dust.
- For a large drive array, complete computer system or server, this should be delivered by a specialist courier or taxi, or placed in the original packaging in which it was purchased in order to post it or send by another courier.
A standard recovery takes between two and five days, or from three hours for an emergency recovery.However, a complex RAID storage device that has suffered severe corruption, and especially one that has defied other recovery attempts, can take much longer; We will keep you updated of progress throughout.
We treat customers' data with the highest level of confidentiality. Our recovery process is implemented in such a way that only the customers themselves will look through the recovered data in our office to verify that the recovered data is good for acceptance unless agreed otherwise.
During this data reviewing session, the customer will be given access temporarily to the recovered data through temporary local access, storage media or network share protected with passwords in all instance and are hardware encrypted. Besides that, the recovered data is never put on-line to reduce the risk of unauthorized access.
Our internal office and lab units are installed with security CCTV to monitor any unauthorized access. This includes the whole building that is installed with security CCTV providing 24-hour round the clock surveillance.
Only personnel who are assigned to the recovery jobs are permitted to access to the recovered data. The original data media sent for recovery process is securely held in a dedicated environment.
If your organization requires specific agreements, these are accommodated on a case-by-case basis and for many major corporations, we can sign a perpetual non-disclosure agreement.
The following are the procedures that take place during a standard and RAID recovery:
You need to send us (or deliver personally if local) the failed hard drive or storage medium, don’t forget to include your contact details.
- Download our recovery form, fill it out and email back to us, we will contact directly back with payment details.
- Please see the instructions on how to pack your device.
- On receiving your storage medium, we immediately label it with your details and create a job card.
- We examine the device and diagnose it for the cause of failure.
- We provide you with a firm quotation for the recovery, and the length of time expected for the recovery.
- In the event of mechanical failure, we will need to send to our partners in the UK for recovery.
- We make images of all the original drives. We never work from the original drives unless time constraints or damage force us to, although this is rare.
- When the recovery process is complete, we verify the quality of the recovered data.
- We send you a file listing containing the names of the recovered files. You can examine the file listing and tell us which data is important, so we can verify it before returning your recovered data. (The presence of a file name in a list does not necessarily mean the file is healthy.
- We discuss with you the best way of returning your data. Up to 20GB can be copied free of charge to DVD. Alternatively, you can purchase one of our drives (desktop or portable) to contain the data, or you can send us one of your own drives.
Because of the very nature of data recovery nothing can be guaranteed, by default data recovery is needed because of either software or hardware damage, which cannot be fully evaluated before data recovery begins.
However we have a lot of experience in this field and can offer a pre-recovery service for a minimal fee of $20.00 (for walk-in clients), this will give us a fair idea on how to proceed or not as the case may be, thus limiting your initial financial exposure, should data recovery not to be possible.
Once you have agreed to data recovery there is a minimum charge of $180.00 to be paid upfront and non-refundable for local recovery, the final bill depending on circumstances can be as high as $650.00 for a single none raided drive / media when data is recovered locally.
Experience has shown that the average price of data recovery varies from $180.00 to $340.00 while this is not a certainty it is the norm.
We have spent time developing both hardware and software to aid in this process as such we have a very high success rate.