It is our policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve the environmental performance of CFTS. We strive to achieve this through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of our activities;
- Training of employees in environmental issues;
- Minimise the production of waste;
- Minimise material wastage;
- Minimise energy wastage;
- Promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials;
- Reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air;
- Control noise emissions from operations; and
- Minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by CFTS.
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
- In drafting and reviewing the Environmental Policy all personnel involved ensure that it:
- Is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities;
- Includes a commitment to continual improvement and the prevention of pollution;
- Includes a commitment to comply with the relevant environmental legislation and regulations;
- Provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets;
- Is documented, implemented and maintained and communicated to all employees; and
- Is available to the public.
CFTS encourages everyone to promptly report any incidents or risks that you think may exist in order for them to be managed quickly and professionally. The EHS statement is the responsibility of everyone at CFTS and requires the senior management to implement the standards within the working environment, monitor its implementation in everyday operations and ensure that when internal reviews and audits happen, records are available and where training and learning are identified, it is acted upon.