Why did my transfer fail?
If your domain fails to transfer, you’ll get an email from Squarespace. There are a few reasons why this might happen:
- Your domain registration information was entered incorrectly. When confirming the registration details, ensure that all required fields are correct.
- You entered the authorization code incorrectly, or the code expired. For accuracy, we recommend copying the code directly from your provider, then pasting in the authorization field.
- Your domain was activated with your current provider within the last 60 days.
- Your domain has more than nine years left in its registration with your current provider.
- Your original provider denied the transfer. Contact your provider for more details.