cPanel offers web hosting software that automates the intricate workings of web hosting servers.
To log in to your cPanel, enter the following in your address bar:
Each CFTS account utilizes the cPanel control panel interface, an extremely user friendly control panel which makes it simple to manage all aspects of your hosting account. Functions include the ability to configure e-mail accounts, domain management, website statistics and database administration.
- Log in to your cPanel > Mail section > Email Accounts menu:
- If you have multiple domains, select the domain you want your email account to be associated with in the drop-down list in the top right corner and enter the desired email and a strong password of your choice:
- Click on Create Account once all is set.
- Once done, you will see the icons of the three webmail interfaces: o log in webmail, click on More next to the email account in question > Access Webmail:
- Feel free to choose any access webmail. Horde webmail interface, Round cube webmail interface and Squirrel Mail webmail interface
You can also access webmail directly in the browser using one of the following links:
- To create an autoresponder, go to cPanel > Email section > Autoresponders menu
- Click on Add Autoresponder and proceed to the next screen:
- You will need to fill in the following fields to create an Autoresponder
- Email: choose the email address you want to send automatic messages from
- From: enter the name you want to appear in the response message
- Subject: enter the subject you want to show up in the response message
- HTML: check the box if your message includes HTML tags
- Body: enter the text of your response, you can include tags in the message body, refer to the on-screen tips for suggestions
- Start time: you can choose Immediately or Custom
- Log into your cPanel, navigate to Email section > Forwarders:
- To create new forwarding rule, click on Add Forwarder
- Fill out the fields and when ready click on Add Forwarder
You can forward emails sent to non-existent mailbox without having to create the mailbox itself.
cPanel is a user-friendly control panel which you can logon to and view details about your website setup and manage functionality and services.
You should be able to control most if not all of the functionality through your control panel.
- Change your website password (used for cPanel logon and FTP)
- Change your contact email address (used to advise you about changes or issues)
- Backup your website (download a backup of your entire website including MySQL databases)
- Access the file manager to view and upload files (without an FTP client)
- Access statistics and log files (find out who is visiting your site and which pages they are going to)
- Setup page redirects (redirect to another website address)
- Create and manage MySQL databases (including access to PhpMyAdmin)
- Check your disk space usage
- Check server information and versions of PHP, MySQL, etc.
All functionality on cPanel has supporting user guides and video tutorials to help you here.