Yahoo temporarily deferred due to user complaints Open
Do you get this or a similar error message from Yahoo when trying to send emails?
Messages from *.*.*.* temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 22.214.171.124; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3326.html (in reply to MAIL FROM command))
If you or your company sends out bulk emails to your customers frequently then you may have come across a situation where Yahoo may have blocked your emails from reaching its users. Most of the time the problem occurs when a customer reports your email to Yahoo for spam. Once a specific number of people report your email to Yahoo for spam then Yahoo blocks your emails from reaching its users.
The bad news is that Yahoo does not notify you that your emails have been blocked and the only way you can check this is by checking your mail logs by logging into your control panel or you can use the Trace Email option in your cPanel. Just enter the email address of the customer and the system will display the message given out by Yahoo.
- As an end-user follow the instructions on this page 'Yahoo Complaint Feedback Loop' then go to 'Sign up for CFL' follow the instructions and wait for the response from the Yahoo team, please note if you do not have a yahoo address to need to create one for the CFL.
- If you are an ISP or mail hosting provider, fill out this form, this is a tedious process and not at all transparent, so you need to be prepared for a long haul journey.
Some probable courses listed below, but I should stress on probable as Yahoo! does not disclose specific information about their email filtering practices.
- IPs listed in Spamhaus and other spam databases
- Bounce rates
- Complaint rates
- Spam trap hits
- Changes in email volume
- User engagement
- Suspend posting permission of all yahoo.com addresses, to limit damage
- Tell Yahoo users to get a new mail account somewhere else, pronto, if they want to continue using mailing lists
Top e-mail clients as of July 2019
Gmail 27.8% Apple 27.6% Outlook 9.1% Yahoo 6.3% (Yahoo went up 3% due to a recent merger)