How to Configure your email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
The following article will guide you through configuring your email useing Outlook 2016 on the Mac
Before you start, be sure you have tthis information handy:
- Your domain name: yourdomainname as an exanple 'computer-facilities.com'
- Your email address: account@yourdomainname
- Your email password:
- The Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server name is the same mail.yourdomainname
Once you have launched Outlook on your device, you can add an account in two different ways
- When you start the application for the first time. A setup wizard will appear and prompt you to enter your email address.
- If you have already added an account. Click Tools in the menu bar at the top of your screen, then Accounts. In the window that pops up, click +, then New account.
- Enter your email address, then click Continue. For the provider, click on IMAP/POP, then enter the information requested
- Account type: Leave IMAP (selected by default).
- Mail address: Enter a name that will distinguish this account from any other accounts added in your Outlook app.
- Username: Enter your full email address.
- Password: Enter the password for your email address.
- Incoming server : Enter the mail server “mail.yourdomainname”. Leave the "Use SSL to connect" box ticked.
- Incoming port: Enter port 993.
- Outgoing server : Enter the mail server “mail.yourdomainname”. Leave the "Use SSL to connect" box ticked.
- Outgoing port: Enter port 465 or 587.
- Once you have entered this information, click Next. If the information is correct, Outlook will successfully connect to the account.
- To check that the account has been configured correctly, you can send a test email.