How to Configure an email account on iPhone and iPad, via the Mail app
The following article will guide you through configuring your email on an Apple/iOS device.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Your domain name: yourdomainname as an exanple 'computer-facilities.com'
- Your email address: account@yourdomainname
- Your email password:
- The Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server name is the same mail.yourdomainname
On your device’s homepage, go to Settings. There are two ways of adding an account, depending on the iOS version you are using:
- For iOS 7, 8, 9 and 10: Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then Add account. Choose Other, then Add a Mail account.
- For iOS 11: Go to Accounts and passwords, then Add account. Choose Other, then Add a Mail account
- Enter your account information:
- Name: Enter the sender name that you wish to be displayed when sending emails from this address
- Email Address: Enter your full email address
- Password: Enter your email address password
- Description: Enter a name that will distinguish this account from any other accounts added in your Mail App
- Tap Next, and enter the information requested:
- IMAP or POP: Leave IMAP selected by default
- Host name (Incoming): Enter the mail server: mail.yourdomainname
- SSL: Yes
- Port: 993
- Username (incoming): Enter your full email address
- Password (incoming): Enter your email address’ password
- Hostname (outgoing): Enter the mail server: mail.yourdomainname
- SSL: Yes
- Port: 465 or 587.
- Username (outgoing): Enter your full email address
- Password (outgoing): Enter your email address’ password
- Then tap Next. If all the information you have entered is correct, you will be able to log in to your account straight away
- When you are asked to select the apps you want to use with your account, ensure that Mail is ticked, so the application will work correctly with your email address.
- You should then tap Save.
- To check that the account has been correctly configured, you can send a test email